This set of Sennelier Soft Pastels contains a briliant selection of pastels that are perfect for landscapes.
The pastels in this box are kept secure by the foam lining within the box. Your pastels will remain safe and will not break while stored in it.
Sennelier Soft Pastels are one of the world's largest chromatic pastel ranges and consist of high quality pure pigment finely grounded with a natural binder. The high quality composition of “à l’écu” pastels is the result of a perfect balance between binder and pigment. For gradient shades, increasing amounts of mineral fines are added, ultimately tending towards white. The exceptional brightness is the result of the pigment and of the natural mineral fines discovered by Sennelier in 1905 and that have been used ever since.
The manufacturing process of the Sennelier cylindrical pastel does not compress the paste and the pastel dries naturally in open air. The life span of a piece of work is guaranteed by the quality of the pastel, but also by the quality of the substrate. If a lot of overlapping is performed, it is preferable to fix between layers. Avoid, however, fixing the final layer too heavily, as the original tones will be lost.
This set of pastels makes a wonderful art gift for any professional pastel artist, or is a luxurious treat to yourself.
- Available in multiple sets for all budgets
- Specially selected sets for landscape, portrait, or still life
- Originally created by Sennelier for master pastellist Edgar Degas
- Renowned for deep and dark colors due to high pigment load
- Available in cardboard and wood box sets for travel
- Serious Pastel Artists
- Application over watercolor or acrylic
- Use with textured and sanded pastel papers and boards
- Traveling, does not fall under airline restrictions
- As gifts for the artist who has everything