Derwent XL Charcoal Blocks Metal Tin Set of 6
Charcoal just got bigger and more beautiful! These blocks have all the qualities of charcoal that you love, in a chunky XL form, combine that with rich natural colours and what have you got? – An artist’s dream! The blocks come in 6 muted shades from Sanguine and Violet to Sepia and Ochre. Naturally water-soluble you can use them on a damp surface and release lots of colour really quickly and build up layers of different colours as you go. Contains one block of each colour: Ochre, Sanguine, Mars Violet, Sepia, Black, White.
- Blocks of chunky charcoal offer a wealth of creative possibilities
- Use them on their sides for broad sweeping graphite and on their edges for detail work
- Add water for greater versatility and further artistic potential including splashes and washes
- Blocks measure 20mm square x 60mm long or .78W x 2.36L Inches
- Set of 6 colors includes: Ochre, Sanguine, Mars Violet, Sepia, Black, and White
Derwent XL Charcoal Blocks Individual colours
The chunky shape of these extra-large charcoal blocks makes them captivating, intuitive, and great fun to use. From powerful lines to subtle gradients, Derwent XL Charcoal Blocks combine the natural qualities of charcoal with the strength and body of a chunky block. Soft meets strong, agile meets bold, to create the perfect blend of rich tones and organic marks. Naturally watersoluble and available in a variety of rich, dense colors, these opaque, rich blocks can be layered over other colors. Their size and length are great for making broad, gestural strokes. Create different marks with the sides, edges, and corners — you can even use an embossing tool to create lines and add texture. XL Charcoal Blocks are very tactile, so you can use your finger to smudge and move the color around.