Derwent technique brush set is specially selected assortment of brushes for different painting techniques; each brush in this set has been developed to produce different marks, allowing the artist greater creative possibilities.
- Foam Brush – perfect for laying down a wash over a large area or background.
- Swordliner – an exquisite brush for flowing marks; glide between fine lines and teardrop shapes. Ideal for petals and leaves.
- Fan Brush – when wet, the fan separates into fine points which can be used to create delicate marks such as hair and foliage.
- Flat Brush – for broader strokes and fine lines, the flat brush has great colour carrying capacity for laying down colour quickly with ease.
- Comb Brush – a close relative of the fan brush, the comb brush is used anywhere you want fine separated lines. Ideal for grasses & fur, it is also used for adding texture and hatching.
- Rigger Brush – the perfect brush for adding detail. The rigger produces fine lines with a consistent width. Ideal for delicate lines and intricate work.